FOREST PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT- FULL TIME POLICE OFFICER
Forest Park Police Department, Forest Park, Illinois
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Forest Park, Illinois is accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Forest Park Police Department.
Salary: $64,677.20 – 96,077.24 (7 years) – Currently in Contract Negotiations
Sworn Police Officers: 38
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Forest Park:
• U.S. citizenship;
• No felony convictions (Note: a misdemeanor or serious traffic offense may also disqualify applicants from further consideration);
• Valid state-issued driver’s license;
• Minimum of 21 years of age AND shall be under the age of 35 by the application deadline date (November 5, 2021) unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Fire and Police Commissioner’s Act;
• Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent;
• Completed a minimum of 60 semester college credit hours at an accredited college, university or junior college by the application deadline date (June 20, 2022). Unofficial college transcripts or copy of diploma required at time of application. Official transcripts will be required for preference points;
• Possess a valid NIPSTA (P.O.W.E.R. Test) card -OR- equivalent criteria as per the State standard (such as Triton Community College or Joliet Junior College), issued within 12 months of the application deadline date (June 20, 2022) -AND- must be submitted with the application;
• Must successfully complete an oral interview;
• Must successfully complete a background investigation (applicants will be required to fully disclose all personnel matters, to include agreements and sealed files);
• Must successfully complete a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and medical physical (including drug and alcohol screening);
• Pay a $20.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
• Submit your application on-line no later than Friday, June 20, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST);
• Complete Mandatory On-line Written Examination Testing available between Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at 9:00 AM and Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Preference points will be awarded as determined by the Village of Forest Park for the following:
• Military: Persons who were engaged in the military or naval service of the United States for at least one year, and were honorably discharged. A copy of Form DD-214 (indicating status of discharge) must be submitted with application to qualify.
• Education: Possess an Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related law enforcement field from an accredited community or junior college -OR- a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an accredited college or university. A copy of the diploma and/or official transcripts must be submitted when requested to qualify.
• Current Illinois Law Enforcement Officers: Persons awarded a certificate attesting to the successful completion of the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. A copy of your certificate must be submitted with application to qualify.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please
visit the following website: http://www.applytoserve.com
The Village of Forest Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Forest Park Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.
UTILITY (WATER) BILLING CLERK – FULL TIME
The Village of Forest Park seeks candidates for the union position of Full-Time Administration Utility Billing Clerk. Experience with data entry, customer service, administrative assistant skills, bookkeeping or accounting is highly desired. Must be flexible with work assignments and comfortable working with numbers and the public. Other qualifications include computer skills, the ability to meet deadlines, good knowledge of English language, general office skills, including handling of non-emergency calls and walk-up customer service, and good verbal and written skills.
Starting salary $32,487 annually. Generous Benefits Package, IMRF Pension and 10 Paid Holidays. Open until filled. Eligible candidates will be required to pass pre-employment ability testing and an extensive background check. Applications are available at Village Hall, 517 Desplaines Ave. or at www.forestpark.net and should be returned Attn: Vanessa Moritz, Village Clerk, Village of Forest Park, 517 Des Plaines Avenue, Forest Park, IL 60130. Email: email@example.com.
PUBLIC WORKS- SEASONAL
The Forest Park Public Works Department is seeking a motivated and outgoing individual to fill the role of seasonal laborer. This individual will work under the supervision of the Director of Public works on their daily tasks.
Job duties include:
• Operating and competently using a variety of hand tools and power equipment, such as hammer, saw, screwdriver, lawn mowers, weed trimmers and hand tools
• Watering and maintaining landscape areas & public parks, and trimming shrubbery
• Performing all other aesthetic maintenance upon the city parks & buildings
• Cleaning, painting, and performing routine maintenance to public areas and equipment.
• Performing all types of landscape maintenance, installations, and mowing.
• Moving debris, dirt, or other material using a shovel, rake, or other tools
• Have the physical ability to walk long areas, picking up litter
Experience in any/all construction related fields and disciplines are welcomed. Position requires a valid driver’s license. The interested candidate must also be a minimum of 18 years of age and enrolled in a community college or university. The ability to work the entire summer without taking long periods of time off is necessary. $12.00/hour – 40 hours/week.
Position will be open until filled, however submittal by May 15, 2022 is encouraged. EOE. Employment application form can be found here.
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position should email the application form and resume if desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Public Works in the subject field.
PART-TIME CIVILIAN CALL TAKER
The Forest Park Police Department, seeks a Part-Time Civilian Information Management Call Taker. Eligible candidates will be required to pass an aptitude test and an extensive background check. Qualifications include high school diploma (or equivalent), good verbal and written skills, working knowledge of the computer and Windows, ability to type accurately, a good working knowledge of the English language, the ability to treat customers and co-workers in a polite manner and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Data entry skills and experience answering telephones/operating a switchboard are preferred.
EVENING AND OVERNIGHT HOURS ARE MANDATORY.
Open until filled. $17.54/hour. Applications are available by clicking HERE or at the Village Hall, 517 Des Plaines Avenue, Forest Park, IL 60130 and should be returned Attn: Vanessa Moritz, Village Clerk to said address to by e-mail to: email@example.com.
The Village of Forest Park has an immediate opening for a responsible full-time PACE Bus Driver to transport senior citizens, disabled residents and school children.
Must have a valid Illinois “C” Class CDL License and attend PACE training. In addition, candidate must be physically fit and submit to a criminal background check, annual physical exam and drug and alcohol testing. Work days are Monday thru Friday. Full Benefits. Apply in person at the Howard Mohr Community Center, 7640 Jackson Boulevard, Forest Park, Illinois 60130. For more information, please call 708-771-7737. Employment applications are available at the Village Hall, 517 Des Plaines Avenue, Forest Park, IL 60130 or on-line at by clicking HERE.
The Forest Park Police Department is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Crossing Guard. This position requires flexible
hours during days when schools are in session. A background investigation and drug screening will be conducted prior to consideration for the position.
Employment applications are available at the Village Hall, 517 Des Plaines Avenue, Forest Park, IL 60130 or on-line at by clicking HERE.
Completed applications shall be mailed or emailed to Vanessa Moritz, Village Clerk/HR Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, please contact Dora Murphy at 708-615-6223 or email@example.com.
Applications accepted until position is filled. EOE.
The Village of Forest Park has immediate openings for its before and after school programs. Part-time hours are M-F 2-6 p.m. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, have a driver’s license and also must pass drug screening and background checks. $12.00 per hour. Applicants may apply in-person at the Howard Mohr Community Center, 7640 Jackson Boulevard, Forest Park, IL 60130. For more information, please contact 708-771-7737. Employment applications are available to download by clicking HERE.
Other helpful links/information:
WESCOM: Click here for information on information on positions open with the West Suburban Consolidated Dispatch Center, the 911 center that services Forest Park.
Triton College Career Services – can also help you find a job. A weekly Job Bulletin is available through Triton and you must register online. Upon registration, not only will you have access to employment listing posted by the Career Center, but also job listing submitted by eleven other community college career centers in Illinois. You can also post your resume in CCJobNet for employers to review and consider. Questions about this service? Please call 708-456-0300 x 3805 or email.
Employment & Employer Service – E & ES is a job placement service that cultivate relationships with local businesses representing a wide range of occupations to match customers with opportunities that suite their skills and needs. Visit http://www.eesforjobs.com/ or call (312-629-5627). Please tell them that the Village of Forest Park referred you. 7