The Department of Streets and Public Improvements
The Department of Public Property
7343 W. 15th Street
Forest Park, IL 60130
The Forest Park Public Works Division is comprised of two departments, the Department of Streets and Public Improvements and the Department of Public Property. Its mission is to provide the highest level of Quality Customer Service to those who live and work within the corporate limits of Forest Park. Staff is dedicated to providing the community with safe & clean streets, a sound infrastructure, proper sanitation and drinking water, safe parks, and much more.
Operating out of the Public Works Facility located at 15th and Hannah Avenue, the Department of Streets and Public Improvements and the Department of Public Property have a wide-range of responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Refuse removal
· Village Recycling Program
· Snow Removal of all Public Streets, Alleyways, Sidewalks and Village Parking Lots
· Asphalt Patching of all Streets and Alleyways
· Installing and Removing of all Traffic Control Signage
· Stripping Painting and Maintaining all Safety Zones and Traffic Flow Patters
· Street Sweeping Services
· Installation and Maintenance of Street Lights and Traffic Signals
· Repairs to Sidewalks and Parkways
· Tree Trimming, Planting and all Other Forestry Needs on all Public Property; including Parkways
· Maintenance of all Four Village Parks
· Maintenance of all Public Buildings
· Maintenance of Village Parking Lots and Parking Meters as well as Collection of Coins from Meters
· Supervision of the Fleet Services Department, which Maintains all the Vehicles Owned by the Village
Click here to view the Village’s specifications for public improvements.
The Public Works yearly bulk pick-up and electronics recycling event will take place Monday, May 22, 2023 – Saturday, May 27, 2023. During that time, Village residents are encouraged to put any bulk items on their parkway to be hauled away. All electronics, batteries and oil can be brought down to the Public Works facility at 7343 W. 15th St. for disposal. Proof of residency is required. Public Works will be open that week from Monday – Saturday 7am-3:30pm. Paint & light bulbs are not allowed. If you are trying to dispose of paint, you can open the lid and let it slowly dry or add cat litter to speed up the process. At that point, Republic Services will haul it away with your other trash in the alley. Light bulbs can be disposed of at these ComEd approved facilities. Home Depot will also accept small amounts of light bulbs.