Your privacy is important to us…
This notice is provided to help you better protect your privacy by explaining the Village of Forest Park’s online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on the Village of Forest Park website homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
While we encourage the interactive nature of online media, it is our policy to create website content that requires minimum collection of information from our visitors.
* Generally we limit the personally identifiable information to only that which is reasonably necessary to provide proper service and/or response. * Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
* The Village of Forest Park accepts email, online form submissions, written, and verbal communications from anyone and/or any organization. These communications may be shared within the government, and may, depending on the subject matter, be retained in agency files. Sharing of these emails or form data is generally limited to those individuals who are responsible for or with oversight of the subject matter contained in the email. Emails received are not used to create a master list for unsolicited contacts by the Village of Forest Park. Information from the Village’s files is subject to information requests made under the Freedom of Information Act and as otherwise required by law.
* The Village of Forest Park never sells, markets, trades or otherwise shares personally identifiable information with any third party.
If you visit this site the Village’s web server collects and stores: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com or princeton.edu); the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful. Generally, we delete this information after one year. The Village of Forest Park does not link the log data collected to the personal information that users submit online when participating in our activities.
Cookies are information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. This Village of Forest Park does not use “cookies” on this site.
Disclaimer/ Terms and Conditions of Use
This Web site was created and is maintained by the Village of Forest Park, Illinois, and is intended to be a non-public forum, the purpose of which is to provide access to local government departments, services, programs and information. The user assumes the entire risk related to use of this data. In no event will the Village of Forest Park be liable to the user or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages or lost profit resulting from any use or misuse of this data.
There shall be no use of the Village of Forest Park’s seal, logos, designs, slogans, images, trademarks or service marks contained in this site without specific, written permission from the Village of Forest Park. Village staff provides information to the Village of Forest Park’s website. While we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we cannot guarantee that it always will be entirely current. If you see something that should be corrected or updated, send email by clicking on the envelope icon email the Village of Forest Park. Be sure to give the full URL of the document in your message.
Links to Other Sites
The Village of Forest Park believes there are reasonable and desirable needs for links to Web sites outside the span of control of the municipality, when these sites help further the goals of the Village by providing useful government-related information. Links are provided to web sites that fall under the following guidelines:
* Web sites owned and operated by local, state, federal government and educational agencies.
* Web sites owned and operated by utilities that serve the residents of the Village of Forest Park and by franchise are granted such authority.
* Web sites of organizations that receive direct financial support from the Village as partners in pursuit of governmental purposes.
* Web sites of hospitals located in Forest Park providing emergency public services.
To ensure the continued government related purposes of the Village of Forest Park’s website, links generally are not provided to any other for-profit business or non-profit organization not meeting the above criteria, nor any for-profit web site or web site containing advertising. In order to avoid the appearance of Village endorsement of, or involvement with, political content, links are not made to sites that are associated with, sponsored by or serving a candidate for elected office, or any political party or organization supporting or seeking to defeat any candidate for elective office or ballot proposal.