When does a landlord have to turn on the heat and at what temperature does it need to be set at?
Does the village trap wild animals such as raccoons or feral cats?
What kinds of projects require a permit?
Permits are required for, but not limited to, the following types of building related activities:
- any structural alterations or additions
- plumbing, electric, mechanical alterations, additions or modifications
- roofing work, construction of garages, addition of decks or sheds
- installation of fences, signs, driveways, curb, and sidewalks
- sewer repair, water service repair; bathroom installation/remodeling, lawn sprinkler systems
- installation of pools, hot tubs and spas
- demolition work.
Again, it is best to contact the Village before the start of a project to verify if a permit is required for the type of work that is planned and what information may be necessary to submit in order to obtain the permit.
Who should a resident contact for information on obtaining a permit and what needs to be submitted?
Why is spring a busy time for building permits?
As winter ends, residents start thinking about home improvement projects that they would like to do during the summer months, such as new decks, fences, and additions, and the Village begins to see an increase in the number of applications for permits.
To avoid delays or surprises, contact the Department in advance of when you intend to start your projects so that any potential delays can be addressed without causing needless delays to your project.